We recommend that you call our shop to discuss bike sizing and styles with the bike geeks at the shop. We have more to choose from then our website shows, and our bikes are available for purchase in our retail store. For the most accurate inventory and best advice, call 530-582-0909.
- SB150 Carbon Series Specifications
- Travel: 150mm (5.9″)
- Wheel Size: 29”
- Frame Size: S, M, L, XL
- R.Shock: Metric 230mm X 60mm
- B.Bracket: BB92
- Seatpost: 31.6mm
- SB150 Carbon Series SRAM X01 Eagle
- FRAME: TURQ Series carbon fiber frame, Switch Infinity suspension technology, press-fit BB92, internally tunneled cable routing, 148mm x 12mm BOOST dropouts, sealed enduro max pivot bearings, integrated derailleur hanger, and axle.
- TRAVEL: 150MM (5.9″)
- MATERIAL: TURQ SERIES
- WEIGHT: 30.2LBS (13.73KG)
- FORK: FOX FACTORY 36/170MM GRIP 2
- SHOCK: FOX FACTORY X2, 230MM X 60MM
- WHEELSET: DT SWISS M1700 30MM
- REAR DER: SRAM X01 EAGLE
- SHIFT: SRAM GX EAGLE
- CRANK: SRAM X01 CARBON EAGLE 30T
- BB: SRAM DUB BB92
- CASSETTE: SRAM 1275 EAGLE 10-50
- CHAIN: SRAM GX EAGLE
- BRAKES: SHIMANO XT 4 PISTON
- ROTORS: SHIMANO FRONT 203MM / REAR 180MM
- POST: FOX TRANSFER 31.6MM / SM: 125MM, MD-XL: 150MM
- FRONT TIRE: MAXXIS MINION DHF 2.5
- REAR TIRE: MAXXIS AGGRESSOR 2.3
- HEADSET: CANE CREEK 40 INTEGRATED
- BAR: YETI CARBON 35X800MM
- STEM: RACE FACE AEFFECT R 35X40MM
- GRIPS: ERGON GE1
- SEAT: WTB CUSTOM VOLT
- UPGRADES: DT SWISS XMC 1200 30MM – $1,300
At the heart of the SB150 suspension design is our patented Switch Infinity suspension system. Switch Infinity utilizes a patented translating pivot that switches direction as the bike moves through its travel. This provides excellent anti-squat characteristics for superior pedaling performance and ideal suspension characteristics as it gets deeper into the travel.
TUNED FOR ENDURO PERFORMANCE
Switch Infinity has proven itself on the race course amassing more EWS wins that any other system. We took that winning heritage and made the leverage ratio more progressive (But not too progressive) to provide greater compatibility with modern shocks and various rider weights/styles. In addition the bike has better small bump compliance, ramps up quicker in the mid-stroke for a playful supportive feel, while still allowing for full travel and bottom out control. Thanks to Switch Infinity the anti-squat and pedaling efficiencies remain superb.
TESTED TO DH STANDARDS
The SB150 is built Richie “F-ing” Rude tough. The frame meets Yeti DH testing standards, well beyond what others do for a 150mm trail bike. This thing will last for a lifetime, but we gave you a warranty to match just for good measure.
The SB150 has progressive enduro inspired geometry. We took what we learned from the SB6 and our Factory team riders and made it low, slack, and long. It is designed for shorter fork offsets, we slackened the “real” headangle and made the seatube angle way steeper. The reach is also longer with shorter chainstays. What does this mean? All these elements increase the DH prowess and move the rider forward on the bike. But these advantages are not one sided. The steeper seat angle, short fork offset, and forward riding position also keeps the front wheel on the ground, the power to the pedals and the steering quick and nimble when climbing.
The patent pending wishbone shock extension was developed to maximize standover, maintain kinematics, fit a water bottle in the frame and allow easy access when replacing or servicing the shock. We also developed the only shock extender that’s certified by FOX to take a coil shock.
NEW WATER BOTTLE LOCATION
The water bottle fits comfortably inside the front triangle, where you might be used to looking for it. It took considerable effort to accommodate a bottle, optimize stand-over and meet our kinematic expectations, but we knew it was important to you. So we finally did it.