Here's a list I try to update frequently. These boats are split between our Truckee store - The Back Country 11400 Donner Pass Rd, and our other store Tahoe City Sports. (or possibly in storage). Email or call to see where the boat is that you're interested in before driving to the store firstname.lastname@example.org
The Back Country in Truckee 530-582-0909
Standup Paddleboards for Rent and for Sale
Our Favorite brand hands down is Lakeshore Paddleboard Company in our own backyard. These guys are local believe t or not, and have the best lake-specific touring board available. It works great in the ocean or bay of course too; anywhere the water is rough at times. Quite recently actually, a few paddleboard companies like these guys have really dialed in the optimal shape:
1. Really thick edges for extra floatation and stability
2. Very flat deck for ease and comfort when you walk or sit on the board
3. Canoe shaped displacement Hull nose for "no bounce"
4. gore-tex breather vent hole, essential to protect from changing temps
5. tie-down points for your cooler or dry bag
6. BEST PRICE for a real paddleboard. Compare to Tahoe SUP or Naish, which are hundreds more.
7. Very nice company owners. The right guys to support. (Thanks for helping us stay alive too!)
8. Board Specific protective bags are $185. Protect your board from sun damage and scratches.
9. Ultra Light carbon paddles are $250 from LPC. The least expensive full carbon paddle we know of, and it is REALLY nice and ultra light. Carbon paddles range from $200-400 generally, with the low end a joke compared to LPC paddles. We cut the handles to length. Adjustable handle paddles are cool for kids, but you don't want to keep sliding your hand over those holes and buttons. There is a nice paddle bag to protect your investment and allow you to just toss it in the truck for $54.
10. Extra Deck Pad to cover the whole thing $85. Not really neccessary, but for your dog or cooler. Or lots of kids on there.
Put in your order, these are hard to come by. The Wet Woody ultralight board weighs only 21 lbs at 12'6" and looks beautiful. We have one available as of 6-5-12. These are hand made in Reno and we only have one left as of 6-5-12. $1800.
The Wet Woody Sport makes sense for most people. Same quality materials and superior stability as the other models. Easy to carry around at 11'6", lightweight with center handle. It looks amazing and doesn't break the bank. Good for any paddler under 220lbs or so. We have demos too!
The Carbon Race Paddleboard is very fast and weighs only 19lbs! 12'6". Call today to rent it or buy one!. These are very hard to find. Made in Reno, NV. We have a 12'5" Race for $2200. We have a DEMO that has been used once. Grab it for $1700! We can get you the 14' also.
My wife Steph here on the Lakeshore Paddleboard Wet Woody which is only 21 lbs! at 12'4". These are Custom made by hand in Reno.
*The Betty model is the same ultralight model at 11'6" and also requires pre-order usually. Same board as the Wet Woody at $1700, just a little smaller and 19 lbs! We have one in stock as of 6/4/12. These are hand made in reno!
Yes, these boards are as stable as this picture looks. This is pretty much what all the kids do these days around the shores of Lake Tahoe.
Wendy on the left is on the Lakeshore Paddleboard Heavenly model. $1400. The most stable performance SUP on the market. 12'4" long and 32" wide works for everyone.
Zen age 4 on the right is on a limited edition 6 footer. We have a few for rent but not for sale as they are no longer made.
Wet Woody on the left $1800 (12'4"). River Rover $1500 on the right (14' long).
Wet Woody Sport is the most economical model at $1200 and 11'6". This board is the same shape and quality materials as the other ones. You can not beat the value or performance here, I gaurantee it.
NEW Smooth Glide SUP $1100 With carbon paddle. Yes, that's a price for both and NEW. Can't beat it.
Looks great, ultra stable with 7" rails, flat bottom, displacement hull...just like the Lakeshore boards. This one will steal the show for anyone shopping the used market. If your looking at much more expensive boards, wait until you see the Smooth boards. The are just as nicely made. Great looking, light weight, and unbeatable stability.
We also sell Wai Standup Paddleboards starting at only $950. These are really sturdy and lightweight boards that come in a variety of sizes, and are shaped a little more versatile for both lake use and ocean surfing.
This is the Yolo Yak. A tank of a standup paddleboard, kind of like a huge wide sit-on-top kayak. A floating barge that isn't too difficult to get up to speed either. Super durable, comfy deck, nice big handles. It weighs about 60lbs and is 12' long. we have 3 of them that we rent. MSRP is only $600 but they cost $250 to have shipped here from the east coast. We think the $850 total price is still totally worth it, come try our demos.
We can order you any boat from Perception. Check out their kayaks at http://www.confluencewatersports.com
NEW Perception Tribe 9.5 Sit-on-top Kayaks for sale $499.99
Clip in seat sold seperately $30-40.
The Tribe series boats come in 9.5', 11.5'(double seater $600), and 13.5'(triple seater $700). You can't sink this guy, and it's super lightweight and short to throw in the back of your SUV. (with the hatch window open).
Tribe 9.5 pictured here on a cool bicycle trailer we sell for $180.