It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:02 pm 

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LATEST THREAD

any latest on conditions here? read TRT open from 89 to Kingsb....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I can't imagine kingsbury singletrack is clear. I'd guess 3 weeks on that one at least. Mt. Watson Lake has snow, rim trail above Flume is a few weeks out, Hole in the Ground is buried, even Paige Meadows is a swamp.

lots of new trails I keep hearing about around Martis Peak and the good ol Emigrant Trail are good to go. Rim Trail going through TC in both directions is free of snow with patches to walk over above 8000'.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 pm 

Here's an updated mountain bike snow report in South Lake. I rode yesterday, 29 May, up the Armstrong Pass Trail to Armstrong Pass and only encountered a handful of very minor snow crossings. I turned left (North) on the TRT and rode to the pass between Freel and Trimmer Peak with zero snow. However, there was no going down the other side of the pass to Star Lake without skis. That pass goes to roughly 9500' but is sunny until you face Star lake, then the north aspect kicks in. I doubled back.
Today, 30 May, I started at the Stagecoach chair off Kingsbury grade and was able to ride all the way to Star Lake with maybe 2 or 3 minor snow crossings. I dropped down to South Lake from there. Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

as of today I think most rides are snowfree. people are walking over snow up high and completing all the high rides except hole in the ground to my knowledge. Here's a shot from the rim trail near Mt. Watson Lake taken yesterday.

Last edited by backcountry on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Tahoe City and North Shore Trails are snow free for the most part under 7500', and just perfect. Flowers are coming out, and the dirt couldn't be better. It'll be another few weeks for the meadows to dry out higher elevation trails however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

today 6-8-09

TC trails are all good to go around Mt. Watson. Paige meadows is still a swamp and Standford Rock has a lot of snow at the top. snowline is about 8500.

Rode over Scott Peak on 6-9-09. Fun but too much snow to ride the top 500'. It'll melt in a week I bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:18 pm 

thanks Mike

Assume hole in the ground doesn't go, but how about Cold Springs? Other suggestions?

I can't find the mtn bike part of the "guidebook", is it gone? Is it just wishful thinking that it was ever there? happy summer......... all. After missing the winter, looking fwd to a little mtn bike action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 am 
Site Admin

just got back from the canadian rockies. grizzly bears and big elk on the trails there don't inspire confidence for mountain biking alone or high speed.

I took the bike trails guidebook off the website years ago, it was too hard to describe routes with the lack of signs on the trails in this area. Now that we have easy GPS technology I intend to re-write some good rides up with waypoints for the turns and mapped routes drawn by them.

This info will be on the messageboard at the top, like the ski tours. The website "guidebook" got too complicated, so I just copied it all into a sticky onto the messageboard.

Hole in the ground is probably still muddy and snowy, but passable. Just guessing though. It's usually mid July when it's finally good.